Avenue Livingstone, 21.
B-1000 BRUSELAS - BELGICA
Director: José Miguel Luengo Barreto
- María José Castellano Fuentes
- Business Affairs Specialist
Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Jurisdiction: Its territorial scope covers all cities where there are headquarters or offices of European Union institutions, bodies and organizations.
Administrative Unit: The Delegation of the Government in Brussels is attached to the Directorate General for European Union Relations which operates under the general coordination of the Commissioner for External Action.
Objectives and Roles:
- Institutional representation of the Government of the Canary Islands.
- Analysis and monitoring of European, sectorial and general policies beginning with the proposal phase as well as isolated information on EC public announcements, programmes and initiatives to the economic and social sectors of the Archipelago and the institutions and public entities of the Canary Islands.
- Monitoring of Canary Islands projects at EC institutions.
- Organization, support and assistance with informational meetings, seminars, conferences, presentations of European programmes in order to inform the interested sectors and organizations on the Archipelago.
- Orientation and support for Canary Islands institutions and public entities with procedures related to their activities before EC agencies.
- Encourage collaboration between Administrative entities and bodies of the Autonomous Region of the Canary Islands and public or private European Union institutions and entities to defend and promote the general and sectorial interests of the Canary Islands.
- Act as a public relations body of the Autonomous Region of the Canary Islands before the Permanent Spanish Representation.
- Handle procedures and act as a public relations body of the Autonomous Region of the Canary Islands before the non-EU European authorities.
- Collaboration with the authorities, offices or delegations representing Autonomous Regions, Länder or other regions before the European Union.
- Assistance for representatives of different public or private bodies with their administrative procedures of general interest to the Islands before EC institutions.
- Processing publications on European policies, transferring and disseminating them to the official bodies of the Autonomous Region of the Canary Islands.
- The Director of the Representation Office is also the Legal Representative in Brussels of Sociedad Canaria de Fomento Económico PROEXCA.
More information in:
Decreto 129/2008, of 3 June, approving the Organic Regulations regarding the Presidency of the Government.
Decreto 161/2008, of 15 June, which regulates the delegations and sectorial offices of the Government of the Canary Islands abroad and corrected by Decreto 184/2008, of 29 July.